Mission, Vision and Values
Making a positive difference...
The mission of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is to meet the educational and community needs in George, Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties by providing superior instruction through traditional and technological formats. The college embraces lifelong learning, productive citizenship, service learning, and leadership development in a dynamic and innovative learning environment.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will be a globally competitive learning community with an entrepreneurial spirit that cultivates student success.
- Accountability: An acceptance of responsibility for appropriate actions, obligations, and duties.
- Collaboration: A process that facilitates transfer of knowledge, skills and attainment of common goals.
- Excellence: A motivation where the highest standards are viewed as benchmarks to surpass.
- Integrity: A commitment to honesty and ethical behavior in all situations.
- Leadership: A process of directing groups of people toward a common goal.
- Respect: A feeling of esteem or regard for the unique qualities of all individuals.
- Service: An action performed for others without the desire for personal gain.