How much is tuition?
Tuition for full-time students is $1,150 per semester, effective fall semester 2010.  Full-time status is considered to be 12-18 hours. Students who take more than 18 hours will be charged an additional $115 per credit hour. Tuition for part-time students is $115 per semester hour.  Tuition for out-of-state students is an additional $923 per semester.  More information on tuition and fees

What majors do you offer?
MGCCC offers academic programs (two years), technical programs (two years) and career programs (one year or less).  Career and technical programs will prepare you for immediate employment, and academic and university-parallel programs will prepare you for a four-year institution.  MGCCC also offers online classes and adult education programs.  More on MGCCC programs of study.

How do I apply for admission?
Applying for admission is easy at MGCCC.  Simply fill out the Application for Admission online; contact one of our recruitment team members; the Admissions Office; or stop by one of our convenient locations for an application.  After completing the Application for Admission, submit your high school transcript and/or transcripts from other institutions that you have attended.

Where can I get a class schedule?
Prior to the beginning of each semester, class schedules for all MGCCC campuses and centers, as well as online selections, will be made available.

Can I attend MGCCC if I do not have a high school diploma or GED?
Although we strongly recommend that every person obtain a high school diploma or GED, admission requirements to some career programs may be met by obtaining passing scores on the Ability-to-Benefit test. To make an appointment for testing, students may schedule appointments for placement tests by enrolling in our online appointment software or by contacting their local campus Assessment Center or Admissions Office.   Additional information about adult basic education.

How can I get a college catalog?
The MGCCC College Catalog is available on the college Web site.

How do I know if I have been accepted to MGCCC?
MGCCC has an open-admission policy.  After applying for admission, you will receive a postcard acknowledging receipt of application.  In addition, you will receive a letter from the Admissions Office at the campus to which you applied. This letter will provide pertinent information about the completion of the admission process.  Contact the campus Admissions Office to check on the status of your application and any additional items necessary to complete enrollment.  Certain programs of study have requirements that must be met before being accepted into the program.  For more information about a program of study, contact an admissions specialist in the recruitment office, or stop by one of our convenient locations to speak to a counselor or an Admissions staff member.  Learn more about our admission process.

Can I take classes if I am still in high school? 
Dual enrollment is offered to current high school juniors or seniors. This program allows for enrollment in college courses while still attending high school. MGCCC offers the first class on-campus,tuition-free for district students so they can “test drive” the college experience. For more information on dual enrollment and the requirements, contact your high school counselor to start the process, or visit Dual Enrollment.

What is a PIN and how do I acquire a PIN?
A PIN is a Personal Identification Number. A Primary PIN number can be acquired by visiting https://vision.mgccc.edu/bannerprod/mgcgtpin.P_DispGetPin.  If you need an alternate PIN, you may contact your program adviser.  Check the MGCCC employee directory for adviser contact information.

Will my classes at MGCCC transfer to other colleges?
MGCCC participates in the Articulation Agreement between Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning and the Mississippi State Board for Community and Junior Colleges. This agreement has been adopted to ensure which courses at MGCCC will transfer for credit toward a bachelor’s degree at public universities throughout Mississippi.  Learn about transferring to other institutions.

Where can I find the college academic calendar?
The MGCCC academic calendar provides students with important dates to remember.

How do I register for classes?
Currently enrolled students may preregister using Web Services.  You may contact your faculty adviser for PIN numbers and assistance with course selection. Former and transfer students should contact the Admissions Office at the campus or center of their choice for preregistration information and information about updating admission files. New students who have completed admission requirements can preregister after attending an orientation session. Contact the Admissions Office at your campus or center for more information or to arrange an appointment.

What is the COMPASS test?
The COMPASS test is a language, reading and math assessment available to students once they have applied to MGCCC; students without ACT scores take the COMPASS test for placement purposes. Students may schedule appointments for placement tests by enrolling in our online appointment software or by contacting their local campus Assessment Center or Admissions Office.  Students unable to use a computer to take the test may take ASSET, a print version of the test.  If you require this or other special test accommodations, contact the Assessment Center.

How do I apply for federal/state financial aid and scholarships?
Apply for federal student aid by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each school year that you will need financial assistance. These applications may be obtained from a high school counselor, public library, any MGCCC Financial Aid Office or from www.fafsa.ed.gov. You must also complete the MGCCC Financial Aid Application and return it to the campus Financial Aid Office by June 1 to receive priority consideration for campus-based grants, work-study and scholarship aid. Applications received after this date will be considered on a funds-available basis.
MGCCC scholarships are administered through the college Foundation office.  Effective 2010-2011, all students awarded Institutional Scholarships are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually.  You must apply for scholarships by April 1.  To acquire an MGCCC Financial Aid application, you may contact the recruitment office, or stop by one of our Financial Aid offices at a campus near you.  Learn about scholarships

Does MGCCC have residence halls?
MGCCC provides residence hall facilities only at the Perkinston Campus.  Residence-hall rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.  Therefore, the date of application for housing will determine whether requests are met.  You must apply for admission to the college before your housing application can be processed. There is a $50 non-refundable application fee.  Students with preferred roommates should indicate them (by name) on the housing form.  It is advisable that students requesting the same room assignment forward their applications to the Housing Office within the same mailing.

What is the cost of housing at MGCCC?
Housing is $1,885 per semester.  This includes housing in a double-occupancy room and a meal plan.  All residents must be full-time students (at least 12 hours per semester) for the duration of their stay in our residence halls.  Visit housing for more information on student life.

Does MGCCC have clubs and organizations?
MGCCC offers many clubs and organizations that vary by campus.  We offer intercollegiate and intramural athletics, academic clubs, drama productions, musical performances, Student Council, and Reflections (an orientation and recruitment organization).  We also offer various activities on campus such as Club Day, Spring Fever Week and Oktober Fest that you may attend in your spare time at Gulf Coast.

How do I get a copy of my MGCCC transcript?
You may request a copy of your MGCCC transcript from the Admissions Office at no charge.  You must first fill out a MGCCC transcript request form, which is available from the Admissions Office or from Alumni.  A paper copy of your MGCCC transcript, which can be obtained through your Web Services account, will be mailed by the Admissions Office, or you can retrieve an unofficial transcript copy.