Application Process for NSF GC-Scholars Program:
- If you have not filled out the FAFSA application, contact the Financial Aid department at the nearest MGCCC campus and complete immediately.
- Complete the accompanying GC-Scholars application and return it to a faculty advisor (advisor names listed below).
- Enroll in an applicable major for GC-Scholars Program.
- Awards will be based on the following criteria:
- A U.S. citizen, national, refugee alien or permanent resident alien
- Full-time major in science, math, engineering, technology
- Have financial need
- Exhibit academic potential
- ACT (or equivalent standardized test) score of 18 overall with 21 on mathematics
- For recent high-school graduates, recommendation by mathematics instructor
- For GED recipient, a score of 577 or higher
- Exhibit leadership qualities and community service with experience and active participation in professional organization, clubs or community activities
- Interview with Campus Support Team.
- DEADLINE: May 27, 2016 and December 2, 2016
Dr. David Rankin
Jefferson Davis Campus
Jackson County Campus:
P.O. Box 100
Gautier, MS 39553
Jefferson Davis Campus:
Dr. Frances Marchette
2226 Switzer Road
Gulfport, MS 39507
Hinton Hall 30B
PO Box 548
Perkinston, MS 39573