Few Changes to Second NJCAA / JC Football.com Rankings
September 16, 2008
COLORADO SPRINGS - The second edition of the NJCAA / JC Football.com Poll stays pretty much the same as the Blinn College (Texas) Buccaneers remain No. 1, receiving 139 total poll points and six of seven first place votes. Blinn is again followed by Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College, Navarro College (Texas), Snow College (Utah) and Jones County Junior College (Miss.).
After starting the 2008 season with wins over Butler Community College (Kan.), 23-20, and Abilene Christian University JV, 46-0, Blinn was idle last week. The top-ranked Bucs get back into action this Saturday in Dallas when they face upstart Arkansas Baptist College, who moved to 2-1 on the season after falling 17-13 to No. 8 Georgia Military College last Saturday.
Blinn running back Reginald Brown led the Bucs in their win over ACU with eight carries for 129 yards with two touchdowns.
Mississippi Gulf Coast picked up their third win of the season with a 40-14 win over Southwest Mississippi Community College on Sept. 11. The Bulldogs' victory featured a 55-yard field goal by '07 All-American Sean Brauchle, which set a new school record. MGCCC quarterback Greg Jenkins has put up some good numbers in the first three games. He has rushed 119 yards and a touchdown and has thrown for 369 yards with six touchdowns and two interceptions.
Navarro College (Texas) was also off this week after starting 2-0 with wins over Coffeyville Community College (Kan.), 19-10, and Georgia Military College, 25-13. The Bulldogs will face a tough test in their first conference game of the season when they host No. 19 Kilgore College (Texas) this Saturday.
Snow College (Utah) also moved to 3-0 on the early season with a 27-7 victory over Phoenix College (Ariz.) on Sept. 13. The Badgers amassed 392 yards of total offense, while only allowing 177 yards in the victory, which marks the program's 23rd win in their last 25 contests. Snow next faces Western States Football League foe Arizona Western College this Saturday.
Jones County got a strong performance again from running back Daniel Borne in a 21-9 victory over Copiah-Lincoln Community College (Miss.). Borne scored two touchdowns and rushed for 89 yards on 22 caries. He now leads the Mississippi Assn. of Community & Junior Colleges with seven TD's. The Bobcats next face East Central Community College (Miss.) this Thursday.
Last Week's Top 20 stays in the Top 20All teams ranked last week stay in the poll with very little shakeup in this week. Several teams moved up a one or two spots in the poll. The only team to fall significantly in the rankings this week was Nassau Community College (N.Y.) who fell 11 spots to No. 18 after suffering a one-point loss (27-26) to Navy Prep.
Featured Stories• MGCCC/Co-Lin contest to be aired on 104.9FM
• Week 5 2008 MACJC/Region 23 Football Stats (PDF)
• THIS WEEK IN THE MACJC
• No. 10 MGCCC bounces back with 10-3 win over Pearl River
• East Mississippi shocks No. 2 MGCCC 27-23
• Few Changes to Second NJCAA / JC Football.com Rankings
• MGCCC’S Brauchle named MACJC Special Teams Player of the Week
• No. 2 MGCCC hammers Southwest 40-14
• 'Mount Cody' reaching his peak at Alabama
• Blinn Buccaneers Claim No. 1 Ranking in NJCAA / JC Football.com Top 20
• No. 3 MGCCC routs Itawamba 36-0
• Bulldogs get ready for Itawamba
• Former MGCCC star Savage earns spot with Kansas City Chiefs
• MGCCC pounds Northwest 39-14
• “Bulldog Blitz,” streaming audio both part of 2008 MGCCC football broadcast package
• Bulldogs begin 2008 football practice
• MGCCC No. 3 in NJCAA/JC. Football.com pre-season football poll
Other Bulldog News• D'Haquille Williams decommits from LSU
• Could be more to high school state tests than meets the eye
• Grantham responds to Muschamp, says he has confidence in Bulldogs' defense
• Auburn Football: Gus Malzahn's Recruiting Bodes Well for Tigers' Future
• In the FCS Huddle: The next step is hardest
• No excuse for boredom this summer
• Propst pleased with turnout of rising ninth-graders
• D'haquille Williams to LSU: Tigers Reportedly Land 5-Star JUCO WR Prospect
• Derrick Moncrief Commits to Auburn: Tigers Land No. 1 JUCO Safety
• Nick Saban's Ga. mountain mansion to be auctioned