Perkettes a fixture at MGCCC
August 22, 2008
Since 1952, the Perkettes have danced their way through athletic events at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. Fifty-Six years later, the college’s elite female dance group is still going strong, and a must-see fixture at Gulf Coast football games along with the Band of Gold.
“In January 2007, the first Perkette competition squad was formed,” said Kathleen Braun, Perkette Choreographer. “Members of this elite performing group are selected from the Perkette Dance Team and performed in the Regional Collegiate Championship. We also perform at football halftimes, Christmas and Mardi Gras parades, marching competitions, recruiting functions, basketball games and pep rallies.”
For more information, contact Kathleen Braun at 601-928-6370, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Stories• Perkettes a fixture at MGCCC
Other News• Georgia Tech sports: 19 football players make dean's list
• Loop the Lake coming June 1
• Al Golden: Gabe Terry?s days are done as a Miami Hurricane
• Las Vegas: Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
• Minneapolis police identify officer involved in squad-motorcycle crash
• Georgia Tech sports: Rice at draft combine
• Clock ticking for Minn. lawmakers to wrap up session
• Dockers' injury woes part of AFL: Lyon
• ESPN.com: Hurricanes will win first ACC Coastal Division championship
• Georgia Tech sports: Is ACC best basketball conference ever?