Schedule an Appointment for an Online Course Proctored Exam:
- Login to Canvas
- Enter the course for which you would like to schedule a proctored exam
- On the left course navigation menu, click SmarterProctoring
- Follow the prompts to activate your user account with SmarterProctoring and schedule your exam.
Students enrolled in Mississippi Virtual Community College courses are required to take at least one proctored exam per semester. The number and frequency of these proctored exams will vary by course and instructor.
Schedule an Appointment for Other College Assessments:
Students desiring to complete ATI, Accuplacer, OPAC, and Ability to Benefit tests should use the links below to make their appointments with our online appointment service. Students who wish to schedule CLEP, Work Keys, and outside exams must make their appointments by phone, in person, or via email (preferred).
Pre-Nursing and Pre-Allied Health Orientation Sessions
Please see Associate Degree Nursing for more information about nursing requirements.
Assessment Centers Schedules
|George County Center||Closed||9:00am-5:00pm||9:00am-4:00pm||9:00am-4:00pm||Closed||Closed|
|Jackson County Campus||8:30am – 12:30pm
1:30pm – 5:00pm
|8:30am – 7:30pm||8:30am – 7:30pm||8:30am – 7:30pm||8:30am – 5:00pm||9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Jefferson Davis Campus||8:30am – 4:30pm||8:30am – 7:30pm||8:30 AM – 7:30pm||8:30 AM – 7:30pm||8:30 AM – 4:30pm||8:30am – 4:30pm|
|Perkinston Campus||8:30am – 4:30pm||8:30am – 4:30pm||8:30am – 4:30pm||8:30am – 4:30pm||8:30am – 4:30pm||Closed|
The Assessment Center is closed for all college holidays.
*Hours are subject to change for special events and specialized testing*
Assessment Center Expectations
We want your testing experience to be as pleasant as possible, so please familiarize yourself with our expectations prior to your visit.
- We expect that you are who you say you are, but we must insist that you provide photo identification before we can allow you to take any test;
- Your instructors expect that you will only use the materials they have specified for your test, so please place unauthorized materials and anything not allowed by your instructor and under your desk before logging in;
- Your peers expect a quiet room in which to test, so please turn off all electronic devices before you come into the Assessment Center and refrain from talking while in the room;
- The college expects to keep the furniture and equipment as long as it is useful, so please help us keep the Assessment Center nice by disposing of all food and drink outside;
- You expect to be treated with respect while in the Assessment Center, so please refrain from any behavior that a proctor might perceive to be dishonest or disrespectful (remove your hat before entering, look only at your own computer, leave friends and family at home, etc.).
Please see the schedules listed above for information about proctor availability throughout the college or visit the MGCCC eLearning page for more information about online courses. In addition to proctoring for online students, the Assessment Centers administer many types of tests. Online students, as well as students desiring TEAS, Accuplacer, OPAC, and Ability to Benefit tests make their appointments with our online appointment service. Students who wish to schedule CLEP, Work Keys, and outside exams, must make their appointments by phone, in person, or via email (preferred).
Assessment Center Contact
|Vacant||Proctor||George County Center||(601)-766-6420||(601) 947-4899|
||Proctor||Jackson County Campus||(228) 497-7706||(228) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Candice Jenkins||Proctor||Jackson County Campus||(228) 497-7672||(228) email@example.com|
|Reba Ragan||Proctor||Perkinston Campus||(601) 528-8754||(601) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Steven McCurry||Proctor||Jefferson Davis Campus||(228) 897-3985||(228) email@example.com|
|Josh Vanzile||Proctor||Jefferson Davis Campus||(228) 897-3985||(228) firstname.lastname@example.org|
Assessment Center Locations
Students taking online classes through Mississippi Virtual Community College (MSVCC) may take proctored exams at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College or at any other community college in Mississippi. Contact information for MGCCC Assessment Centers is listed below. Please use the online software (SmarterProctoring) in Canvas to make an appointment with MGCCC or other MSVCC assessment centers.
|Perkinston Assessment Center
Stone Hall–Bldg., Room 25
|Jackson County Assessment Center
Drafting/Design & Campus Police Bldg., Room 102
|Jefferson Davis Assessment Center
Student Services Bldg., Room U218
|George County Center
11203 Hwy 63 S Lucedale, MS
Tests and Services
We administer the following tests at our main campus Assessment Centers: