Welcome to Residence Life!
The Perkinston Campus currently has a male and female waiting list for the fall 2018 semester. Any student who wishes may begin a housing application and pay the online, non-refundable, $50 application fee. Once that payment is made, the student will automatically be added to the fall 2018 Housing Waiting List. Housing staff will continue to make assignments from the waiting list to cancelled spaces throughout the summer. Students should check their student email accounts for housing updates related to assignments and waiting list information.
Housing staff will not have information specific to student placement on the waiting list, as the list changes daily due to cancellations and new applicant payment submissions.
Welcome to the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Residence Life site. Thank you for choosing MGCCC! Whether you are a new student, transferring from another college or a continuing Gulf Coast student, living on campus is the way to go!
Living on campus is the sure way to be close to everything the Perkinston Campus has to offer. You’re a quick walk away from classrooms, the learning lab, meeting places, the cafeteria, or grill. At Perk, residence life lives up to your expectations. You’ll find comfort, style, and safety in our residence halls. All of our residence halls are equipped with card access, flat-panel TV in the lobby area, laundry facilities, and in-room internet access, cable television and phone service. In addition, you’re guaranteed comfortable living accommodations and a residence hall staff whose number one job is to help you.
Residence Life Staff
Making your residence-life experience even more positive are the resident assistants, or RA’s. RA’s are student staff members who live on wings or floors of each residence hall. They are here to help you find that Biology Class or help you to get involved on campus. We also have full-time residence hall supervisors who train and directly supervise the RAs and have overall responsibility of the residence halls Receptionists are there to operate the residence hall front desks and the custodial and maintenance staff who are responsible for cleaning common areas, including lounges, hallways, bathrooms, study rooms, etc. (After moving into the residence halls, students are responsible for cleaning their rooms and individual suite bathrooms.)
- Andrews Hall, Hayden Hall, Moran Hall and Owen Hall-$1200 per semester
- Canizaro Hall, Bryan Hall and George Hall-$1300 per semester
- 5-day Meal Plan- $900 per semester
- 7-day Meal Plan-$1050 per semester
- You may have questions about safety and security. Our residence life staff is trained to handle emergency situations and to monitor the safety and security of our halls. All Gulf Coast locations have 24/7 campus police officers, who also train residence-life staff in safety and security on the Perkinston Campus.
- FERPA regulations prohibit the release of student information, including room and phone numbers. However, in emergency situations, we may contact a student for you.