Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Library at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is to provide instructional support services that reinforce the curriculum of the college. We accomplish this by providing a well-trained staff, excellent resources and accessible facilities. We both encourage and assist students to use the resources of our library to meet their personal and educational goals.
- Provide an environment rich in research and reference materials to assist the educational and personal needs of traditional and online students.
- Ensure students have the appropriate technological resources needed for research purposes.
- Provide knowledgeable and qualified personnel to assist students with their research needs.
- Promote student library usage and establish hours of operation which promote accessibility to all students.
- Promote a positive, friendly learning environment and prompt service to allow students to meet their educational goals.