I am a new/transfer student and I haven’t received VA benefits before and would like to apply for benefits at this school. What should I do?
- Complete VON-APP to apply for Benefits (print confirmation).
- Complete the MGCCC Admissions requirements, attend Orientation and register for classes.
- Complete and submit the required VA and Military Services forms to Military Services Center.
- Transfer students must also complete a change place of training form. All chapter except chapter 35 must complete a complete a 22-1995. Chapter 35 must complete a 22-5495 form. See Applying for Benefits for more information.
I am adding/dropping classes and this will change my enrollment status that I originally filled out on the Certificate of Eligibility form. What should I do?
- All changes to your class schedule and/or contact information must be reported to the Military Services Center as soon as possible.
I am changing my major. What do I need to do?
- Complete a Change of Major Form at Enrollment Services Center and bring a copy to Military Services Center.
When can I apply for VA Benefits at MGCCC?
- As soon as you decide that you are interested in attending college, complete the VON APP at www.vets.gov/, the sooner the better. Print out the confirmation showing you applied for benefits and once received, all students must submit a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility to Military Services. In addition, Reserve and National Guard applicants will need to submit a NOBE. If you have additional questions contact the MGCCC Military Services Center on the campus you will attend.
My prior school won’t release my transcript. Can I still get VA education benefits at MGCCC without my transcript?
- No, the VA requires that an institution have ALL official transcripts before the school can verify your enrollment to the VA. If you cannot get your transcript from your prior school, you should contact the prior school and resolve the reason they are holding your transcript. You will not be able to receive VA benefits at MGCCC until the official transcript is on file.
Can I receive Financial Aid and VA benefits at the same time?
- Yes, veterans may be eligible for Financial Aid as well as VA Benefits. All students encouraged to apply for Financial Aid to help with education costs. You can apply for Financial Aid on the www.fafsa.ed.gov website. However, veteran students receiving a scholarship should see a VA Certifying Official to verify the effects it may have on their benefits.
How do I get access to my military transcript?
- Military transcripts can be requested at https://jst.doded.mil
- CCAAF Community College of the Air Force (must be on a military computer to access)
- Request Military Service Records – DD 214 http://www.archives.gov
Military Services Center: